The Spiritus Short Film Prize is an initiative of the Australian Centre for Christianity and Culture as part of its commitment to promote the lively interaction between arts, sciences and culture; one of the Four Pillars of the Centre’s work and mission. The Centre believes that there is wisdom to be found in such an interaction which can contribute to a vision of hope and the common good for Australia.
Entrants can enter their film in more than one category:
1. Spiritus Short Film Prize - Regional Australia Prize
Open to entries outside an Australian Capital city
Cost to enter $5.00
2. Spiritus Short Film Prize - School Category
This is open to entries from school students (under 18 years of age) who attend a school in Australia.
Cost to enter $10.00
3. Spiritus Short Film Prize - Open to all
Cost to Enter $20
Important Dates for 2020
- 3 February – Entries Open
- 30 June – Entries Close
- 7 August - Notification of winners (Categories 1 – 5) and those shortlisted for peoples choice (Category 6)
- TBC 17 August – 4 September Touring Festival (Wagga Wagga, Bathurst and Port Macquarie TBC)
- TBC 8, 14 or 18 September – Award Night
The Australian Centre for Christianity and Culture intends to have a roadshow of shortlisted films at CSU campuses in August 2020. More details to come about dates and times. Winners will be announced in September 2020 in Canberra at the Chapel, Australian Centre for Christianity and Culture. The Award Night is being held during the Canberra Short Film Festival.
If you are a winner of a category or are Shortlisted for the People’s Choice you give the right to the ACC&C to show your film at the roadshow and on the award night.