Mid North Coast Community Leadership & Resilience Network Scholarship
Our communities need passionate, capable and hands-on leaders. Leaders who can develop strong connections and drive positive change in order to build resilient communities that can survive, recover and thrive in times of disruption. If you’re working in a grass-roots community role, you’re an aspiring or current community leader or manager, or perhaps an educator or volunteer, then we encourage you to apply for the Mid North Coast Community Leadership and Resilience Network Scholarship.
This scholarship will support you to develop the skills and knowledge you need to be impactful and work towards a successful future for your organisation and your community.
There has never been a more relevant time for this type of education than we are seeing right now, and the Mid North Coast Joint Organisation has partnered with Charles Sturt University to ensure our community members have access to the right education, in the right way, at the right time.
This scholarship is a commitment to building leadership capacity and capability to support current and emerging leaders in the Mid North Coast area. Each scholarship will fund the successful recipient to complete two micro-subjects from our Graduate Certificate in Community Leadership and Resilience, a total value of $1,200 per scholarship.
- Leading Change – commencing 29 June
- Building Community Resilience – commencing 19 October
Each micro-subject will run over an 8-week session and will be approximately a 35-40 hour time commitment. To read more about these micro-subjects, visit our community leadership page.
On completion of these two micro-subjects, students may wish to apply to complete the full course, and would receive credit for the two completed subjects (four credit points toward the 32 points required for the full graduate certificate).
Our working partners
Proudly working with the Mid North Coast Joint Organisation of Port Macquarie Hastings, Kempsey and Bellingen councils.
What our partners say
Bellingen Shire Council
Our Mid North Coast Joint Organisation of Councils (JO) comprising Bellingen, Kempsey and Port Macquarie has committed to understanding our communities priorities and concerns, through undertaking values based social research...
Port Macquarie Hastings Council
If recent events have taught us anything, it is that connectedness to others is a critical issue in building strong communities. If we want our community to be able to withstand, manage and recover from a range of events..
For the Kempsey resilience is not a word, it is a way of life. After 19 declared disaster events in 10 years the residents of the Macleay Valley live and breath being prepared, dealing with and recovering from events.
Scholarship applications open 4 June, 2020.
- Must reside in the Local Government Area (LGA) for which you are applying
- Demonstrated local community involvement i.e. membership of existing organisations and participation in your local community
- Willingness to commit to being part of a broad Mid North coast Community Resilience Network during and upon completion of the subjects
- Time to dedicate to undertake the study required to complete the subjects allocated (35 – 40 hrs per 2 point subject as a guide)
- Port Macquarie Hastings LGA - 12 Scholarships available
- Kempsey Macleay LGA - 12 Scholarships available
- Bellingen Shire LGA - 15 Scholarships available
Port Macquarie Hastings