University Strategy 2030
At Charles Sturt University we are proud of our history in regional NSW and we work together with our students, our people, industry partners, government and communities for the public good.
Message from the Vice-Chancellor
Charles Sturt University has a proud history and we are very fortunate to have an outstanding group of diverse, passionate and engaged people working with us.
Our University Strategy 2030 will guide our ten-year journey towards a vision to be Australia’s leading regional university, advancing the careers of our students, inspiring research excellence and driving regional outcomes with global impact. We will achieve our vision through the following:
- Strategic partnering with industry, government and our communities to focus on key areas in research.
- Providing excellence in teaching and graduate employment outcomes.
- Supporting our staff and promoting an inclusive, equitable and healthy culture.
- Engaging with First Nations and promoting cultural safety for all.
We are excited about our future because we know what we do will help us contribute to the public good and support our students and regions to thrive.
Professor Renée Leon PSM
Vice-Chancellor and President
Charles Sturt University
Our purpose – Yindyamarra Winhanganha
This Wiradjuri phrase – meaning ‘the wisdom of respectfully knowing how to live well in a world worth living in’ – underpins everything we do.
Yindyamarra Winhanganha is our purpose and guiding principle. It is about creating a world worth living in.
From our courses and student experience, our research and industry partnerships, to our community engagement, social responsibility and sustainability initiatives, we strive to make a difference.
We empower the leaders of tomorrow through innovative education and applied research, and we have a strong commitment to learning from and working with Australia’s First Nations people.
Together, let’s create a world worth living in.
Australia’s leading regional university, advancing the careers of our students, inspiring research excellence and driving regional outcomes with global impact.
- We are proud of our history in the regions and work together with our students, industry partners, government and communities for the public good.
- We are a leader in education for graduate outcomes and employment, world-class campuses and online delivery.
- We are a leader in applied research outcomes and will grow our key focus areas through strategic partnering and investment.
- We are a leader in supporting student pathways for equity and diversity and will engage First Nations Peoples in our education and research programs.
Our four strategic focus areas
Connecting our students with the knowledge and wisdom to shape the world.
- Sector-leading course profile.
- Designing leading-edge learning experiences.
- Excellence in teaching and graduate outcomes.
- Supporting student pathways for aspiration, equity and diversity.
Collaborating with our partners on research with impact.
- Growing our research in agriculture, water and the environment.
- Developing opportunities for growth in rural health research.
- Developing opportunities for growth in cyber, data and security research.
- Supporting the key research needs of our communities.
Supporting, empowering and inspiring our people to deliver excellence.
- Creating opportunities for our people to excel.
- Developing capability and recognising achievements.
- Building and planning for the future.
- Promoting a healthy, equitable and inclusive culture.
Engaging regionally and globally to drive sustainable prosperity.
- Supporting vibrant communities and regional development.
- Strong industry, government and community partnerships.
- Environmental and financial sustainability.
- First Nations engagement and cultural safety.
Woven through the entire strategy is a commitment to improve First Nations education, research and engagement and to drive shared ownership for outcomes.
Enabling our people
To deliver on our University Strategy 2030 we need the right environment with the appropriate support so everyone can excel. Enabler strategies work hand in hand with the four strategic focus areas to support successful progress and change.
Strategy in action
You can find our most recent stories of how we are actively delivering on our University Strategy 2030.
Want to find out more?
For more information and details, please visit our staff-only University Strategy 2030 site. You will be asked to log in.