Stop sexual misconduct on campus

If you see something, say something. A culture of bystander action helps keep us all safe. However, if you do feel unsafe, use the Charles Sturt Alerts app to request a call back from security or a security escort on campus.

Phone 000 for emergency assistance from the police or an ambulance.
Call Campus Security on 1800 931 633 (or dial 400 from any internal phone) for help on campus.

Learn how to be safe on campus

Charles Sturt University Campus Alerts is Charles Sturt's emergency mass messaging communication and Campus Security access platform. Once registered with Charles Sturt University Campus Alerts, you will receive text message (SMS) alerts and updates for high and/or critical emergency events impacting your campus.

You are also able to request the following from Campus Security using Charles Sturt Campus Alerts:

  • Urgent Assistance
  • Call Back Requests
  • Working Out-of-Hours Notifications
  • Security Escort Requests

To download Charles Sturt Campus Alerts, Text/SMS your campus* name (as shown below) to 0409 513 136

  • Albury Wodonga
  • Bathurst
  • Canberra
  • Dubbo
  • Orange
  • Port Macquarie
  • Wagga Wagga

Follow the reply SMS prompts to add any Web Links to your device's home screen.
You can register to more than one campus if this is applicable for your work or study.
Just text the additional campus name to 0409 513 136.

Charles Sturt Campus Alerts is presently only available at the campuses listed above.

Charles Sturt has trained counsellors who can support you or people you know who are affected by sexual assault or harassment. They can also talk to you about how to support a friend who has disclosed to you.

Arrange an appointment

You can get emotional and practical support from our Prevention and Support Specialists. You may like to arrange an appointment if you have:

  • been sexually assaulted
  • been sexually harassed
  • experienced violent situations recently or in the past.

You don't have to make a formal compliant to get support from our Prevention and Support Specialist Counsellor.

When you complete our form

By completing our online form, our experienced counsellors can provide support to you whether this happened at University or not.

Request for support through this portal are received by the Prevention and Support Specialist team only. The University commits to responding to all people making a report as soon as possible.

When completing the online form, you do not need to give long answers. You can just write "I would prefer to talk about this in person" or “Prefer not to say” if it's difficult to write about.

More information