Ruth Whyte Bequest Memorial Grant Guidelines
1. Grants may be of any sum up to $5000;
2. At its discretion following receipt and review of applications, the committee may decide not to award grants to any applicant, or to make any number of awards as the committee sees fit. Further, the committee may award a grant of part of the amount applied for, subject to being satisfied that the project would not be jeopardised by such partial grant. Also at its discretion, the committee may make any payments granted to applicants at such time as the committee may determine.
3. Grant applications should demonstrably be for the advancement of music within the Albury-Wodonga region;
- facilitating public performance;
- the acquisition of unusual instruments, to be made available for music-making in the region;
- musical education not otherwise available in the region.
Reference should be made to the application form for details of any specific focus for the grant year.
4. Applicants should indicate other sources of funding applied for, and whether or not such application/s have been successful.
5. The committee is solely responsible for decision-making in relation to the allocation of grant money from the RWMB. In making such decisions, the committee will have regard to a number of factors, including the benefit of the project to the Albury-Wodonga region and the capacity, financial and otherwise, of the applicant/s to undertake the project.
6. The decision of the committee in relation to the allocation of grant money from the RWMB is final, and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to such decisions.
7. Applicants consent to whatever publicity the committee may reasonably require in order to acknowledge the assistance of the RWMB in facilitating the project.
8. Applications are to be made on the form attached to this notice. The applicant agrees to provide whatever additional information is reasonably requested by the committee to assist in making a decision whether to approve the funding applied for.
9. In the event of successful application, the applicant agrees to provide the committee, if applicable, with documentary evidence of the dispersal of relevant funds. Applications from applicants who have not provided such an acquittal of a prior grant from the RWMB will not be considered.
10. Applications should be made by submitting an online form.